Family time, delicious food, a yummy glass of wine and the smell of mouth watering baked goodies.
These are all the things I look forward to about Thanksgiving. It’s a time to get cozy and not worry about counting calories.
I’ve been keeping a journal lately of all the things I am grateful for. Every night before I go to bed I commit to writing down 10 things that made me grateful that day.
Have you ever practiced this? If not, Thanksgiving weekend is the perfect time to start.
Here are 10 things I’ve written down over the last few weeks –
1) A dinner out with my godchild
2) My husband’s attentiveness to my Mom
3) How strong my body is, I made it up a huge hill on my bike
4) How different Maggie, Dawn and Natasha are and how we are all meant to be a team. We are the Fab Four!
5) How connected I am to all of my customers, they really are my friends.
6) All the ladies who enjoyed our photo booth at the fall launch party
7) Boink always wants to snuggle with me, not matter where we are.
8) Wayne makes me laugh every single day
9) My Mom and I love to spend time together
10) Strong women surround me and show me how to believe in my dreams.
When I rifle through all of my notes it’s pretty funny. These 10 things come up over and over again, written in different ways.
I realize I have never really focused on grand materialistic things, it’s always been about the people I surround myself with and the way we make each other feel.
This gratitude exercise has not only made me focus on bringing more of these things into my life but it’s helped me to cope with negativity and stress.
Let’s face it, you can’t be resentful when you’re grateful.
You owe it to yourself to be grateful and thankful. Remember, your happiness is most important.
This season we celebrate all of the wonderful characteristics of being a woman. Our beautiful wine charms make the perfect gift for any hostess! We are offering 3 sets for $100 until October 8th! XO